- Rocketpacks for faster desk-side visits.
- Cold fusion powered servers that put power back into the national grid and smell of pine forests.
- A 4D user interface which allows service desk analysts to go back in time and solve the root cause at the application development/infrastructure purchasing stage.
- CMDB models the entire universe for Ultimate Impact Analysis©.
- HiveMind crowdsourcing tool taps into the knowledge of advanced alien cultures.
- Hot-swapping of staff in business units, as these are the components most prone to failure.
- Borg monkeys hooked up to HiveMind provide cheap tech support staff.
- Hypochondriac bio-servers that self-medicate when they get a sniffle.
- Empathic network switches that also provide dating tips for tech support staff.
- 7thSon™ module automatically orders and builds infrastructure in anticipation of the CEO’s 'back-from-a-conference' whims.
- A 3D IT performance dashboard that picks up on the CIOs concerned facial expressions to automatically drill down into the database.
- The Redundanator5000™ - A sentient service management system which monitors Twitter for emerging service demands - and designs and deploys new web services without human intervention or human error.
- Solar-powered TCP/IP helmets turning people into thought-crowdsourcing internet nodes.
- Edible hardware makes upgrades something to look forward to.
- Mechanical pterodactyls automatically deployed to deliver cup-and-string-based communication solutions at short notice as a workaround for when VOIP and video-conferencing facilities fail.
- Bruce Lee clone robots police the IT infrastructure to make sure servers don't get 'out of line'.
"What do you mean 'Fatal error in disk mode'? I'll tear you another A drive!"
Contributions to IT 4.0 invited as comments.